EVERY PROJECT IS CUSTOMIZED
BUT WITH A PLANNED STRUCTURE
The 3 steps of a Lean Selling project
The answer is in the Gemba.
- Gemba is the place where things happen: First of all, it is necessary to interview company’s customers and especially customers who are still patronizing competitors, to get an objective view of Market perceptions.
- To define the company’s true potential, it is also necessary to assess the strength of internal resources.
- The end result will be a new definition of the sales strategy with a complete implementation plan.
Redesigning the Sales Organization for Customer Value.
Based on the results of the Sales Audit, all value activities are strengthened and non value added activities are eliminated.
- By configuring each activity as a direct answer to a customer’s question, one can obtain an efficient and harmonized sales flow.
- Also, by defining process standard work, the Sales Organization can become more controllable.
- Finally, by coding activities and quantifying standard results, it becomes possible to forecast sales based on planned activities.
KAIZEN (Continuous Improvement)
Looking one step at a time you will be at the top without realizing it.
- Once the lean transformation has been completed and the desired results are obtained, the entire project can be considered successfully completed.
- Or, as the lean philosophy suggests, the conclusion of the project shall only be the beginning of a real path of Continuous Never Ending Improvement.
- In this process, described as PDCA (Plan Do Check Act), continuous improvement becomes part of the company’s DNA.